Denver DUI Attorney Jay Tiftickjian (Tif-Tick-Shun) is a DUI trial lawyer, author, and legal analyst. If you are searching for an attorney to fight your DUI charge, here are a number of things that you should know about Mr. Tiftickjian:
1. Special Training in DUI Techniques – Mr. Tiftickjian has received extensive training in breath tests, blood tests, drugged driving evaluations, and field sobriety testing. In addition, he has been called upon multiple times to organize Colorado Criminal Defense Bar seminars specialized to DUI defense. Tiftickjian has attended training through The American Chemical Society, The National College for DUI Defense, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr. Tiftickjian has gone through the same training that police officers do to become certified in instructing and conducting field sobriety tests and breath tests. In addition, he has advanced knowledge in both gas chromatography testing for blood alcohol concentrations, and the operation of the Intoxilyzer 9000, Colorado’s current breath testing machine.
2. Colorado Criminal Defense Bar President – Attorney Tiftickjian was elected to the presidential succession of the criminal defense bar in 2015 and serves as the current President until June 2019. He is also a current member of the board of directors of the CCDB, as well as a life member, the co-chair of the state-wide training section, and the Adams County Chapter Head.
3. People’s Choice – Best DUI Lawyer – Mr. Tiftickjian was voted “Best DUI Attorney” in an open poll for all judges and lawyers of Colorado through the bar journal from 2013-2017.
4. Barrister’s Best DUI Lawyer Award – Mr. Tiftickjian was named Law Week Colorado’s Best DUI lawyer in 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2018. Law Week is the official Colorado legal publication, as defined by state statute.
5. Expert Legal Commentary – Mr. Tiftickjian is regularly called upon to provide expert legal commentary and analysis regarding high profile criminal and DUI cases. He has contributed his expertise to The New York Times, Colorado Public Radio, The Denver Post, 850KOA, 9News Colorado, 7NEWS Denver, CBS Denver, Westword, Colorado Law Week, News Radio 710KNUS, Boulder Community Radio KGNU, and many other local and national sources.
6. Former Deputy District Attorney – Prior to defending DUI charges, Mr. Tiftickjian litigated more than a thousand DUI cases as a Colorado Deputy District Attorney for Adams County and Broomfield County. As a Deputy D.A., Mr. Tiftickjian gained unique insight into how prosecutors think and react.
7. Law Week’s 2012 “Compleat Lawyer” Award – Received award based on what Law Week Colorado magazine considers “the equivalent of a modern day renaissance personality,” or “someone who not just excels at their area of legal expertise, but generates business, promotes their firm’s values, stays on top of the current trends and has a personality that dazzles.”
8. 2010-2019 Colorado Super Lawyers – Denver DUI attorney Tiftickjian has been listed for the past eight years to the Colorado Super Lawyer list as both a Super Lawyer and a Rising Star for DUI defense. This is a peer recognition reserved for less than 2.5% – 5% of attorneys in Colorado.
9. Preeminent AV® Rating – Denver DUI attorney Jay Tiftickjian is an AV-rated® attorney (highest rating peer-reviewed possible) with Martindale-Hubbell, the nation’s oldest and most renowned legal directory. It rates attorneys based on confidential reviews submitted by judges and attorneys regarding an attorney’s legal knowledge, ethics, ability to effectively argue, and professional judgment.
10. Superb 10/10 Rating – Mr. Tiftickjian is rated Superb 10/10 rating on AVVO for DUI, traffic, and criminal defense. Superb 10/10 is the highest rating an attorney can receive based on his or her reputation in the legal community. His endorsements come from local Colorado attorneys who can comment on his reputation in the legal community.
11. Client’s Choice Award – Mr. Tiftickjian was awarded the Client’s Choice Award by AVVO in 2016. Client Choice Awards are given to legal professionals who consistently receive 4 or 5 star client reviews on AVVO each year.
12. Listed in Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers – Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C. is listed in the National Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for criminal defense. This listing is almost a century old and is used by law firms when referring clients to the best attorneys in a specific area of practice.
13. Nationally Published Author – Mr. Tiftickjian is published as a national expert in DUI and drug crime defense. He is an author in the following legal publications available at the Westlaw store Lawyers and Judges Publishing Co., Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble: Colorado DUI Defense: The Law and Practice, 1st and 2nd Editions (author and editor); Medicolegal Aspects of Marijuana (author and editor), The Colorado Criminal Defense Bar’s DUI Defense Manual (author and editor), Facing a DUI Charge in Colorado: What You Need to Know (Thomson Reuters/West); Understanding Changes to Colorado DUI Laws (Thomson Reuters/West); The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases, (Inside the Minds); Defending DUI Vehicular Homicide Cases, 2013 ed. (Inside the Minds); Jury Selection in Criminal Cases, 2013 ed. (Inside the Minds); Defense Strategies for Drug Crimes, 2012 and 2014 editions (Inside the Minds); Trends in DUI Discovery, 2012 ed. (Inside the Minds); and Forensic Evidence in Criminal Cases, (Inside the Minds).
14. Legal Lecturer – Mr. Tiftickjian has lectured to lawyers, prosecutors, and judges about Colorado DUI law. He has presented for local bar associations, the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, and the Colorado Bar Association. Mr. Tiftickjian has also taught DUI and criminal defense law to attorneys across the country and most recently traveled to New Mexico and Alaska to speak to DUI attorneys at each state’s respective annual conference.
15. Sustaining Member of National College for DUI Defense – Mr. Tiftickjian is a sustaining member of the National College for DUI Defense, an invitation-only organization consisting of the top DUI attorneys in the country. Mr. Tiftickjian was recently named the NCDD state delegate for Colorado. In addition, Mr. Tiftickjian has completed multiple NCDD training sessions conducted at Harvard Law School, and regularly travels out of the state to attend DUI defense seminars.
16. Team Approach – Attorney Tiftickjian believes in providing the best legal representation as well as the best customer service to his clients. For this reason, Tiftickjian Law Firm is armed with a team of four experienced DUI attorneys and a full support staff to ensure that our attorneys have the time and resources to pursue every potential defense to its fullest.
17. No History of Professional Misconduct – Denver DUI Attorney Tiftickjian, and all attorneys associated with Tiftickjian Law Firm, have exemplary disciplinary standing with the Colorado Bar. Tiftickjian Law Firm also carries an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and has over 200 online reviews with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating.
If you have been charged with a DUI in Denver or anywhere in Colorado, Mr. Tiftickjian and his team of defense attorneys can give you the best chance of winning your case. If you wish to put the experience and reputation of our practice in your corner, you should contact a DUI lawyer from our law firm today for help.