We are committed to juvenile justice and want to encourage young people to pursue a career in law and hopefully make a difference to someone in their careers. We have discovered that nothing matters more in the early life of a youth charged with a crime than lawyers, legal professionals, and judges who are committed to defending the rights of the youth. That is why our law firm is offering the Juvenile Justice Scholarship to encourage and assist students with attending law school with an interest in juvenile justice, as well as raise awareness of the issue of prison sentences and reduced rights for minors that place youths on an institutionalized path towards spending a large part of their life in the criminal justice system. We can do better.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited law school within the United States
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
The following documents must be provided for consideration:
- A completed application;
- An official copy of a current academic transcript;
- An essay of not more than three pages describing how you think juvenile justice could be improved to rehabilitate juvenile’s and keep them out of the criminal justice system.
The award recipient shall provide the following documentation to obtain the scholarship:
- Proof of Legal Residency in the United States (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.);
- The Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C. juvenile justice scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 (one thousand dollars) will be made payable to the award recipient to cover these expenses, and the scholarship recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
One applicant is awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C. scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or before August 21st, 2019.
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than July 31st, 2019. Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C.
600 S. Cherry St. #1105
Denver, CO 80246
Click to download the Tiftickjian Law Firm Scholarship Application Form.